17 Jun 2007

Who Really Needs a 47 Man Squad

England rugby coach Brian Ashton has put together a 47 man squad for the 2007 Rugby World Cup. That's right: 47.

Seems an odd sort of number, that. Not as odd as recalling Lawrence Dallaglio, but odd nevertheless. What is even odder is that Ashton admits he only knows five of his starting line up.

Um, the World Cup starts in a couple of months. If you don't know who your starting fifteen are now, Brian, then I would humbly suggest you've left it a little late to try to find out.

This does not bode at all well for England's chances of retaining the title. I'm willing to bet the bookies are rubbing their hands with glee and counting the cash already.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 28 November 2007 at 15:32 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

My name is marc and I was looking for your contact details.

I want to offer you the chance to do some cross-web promotion with us and am more than happy to email you more information if you are interested.

Please email me (marc.levy aatt onlinemediarelations dot co dot uk)

Thanks for your time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home